Louise Meier Carlsen
assistant professor in didactics of mathematics
- Investigation and development of mathematics teacher knowledge on the use of CAS in the teaching of school algebra : potentials and obstacles for novice and experienced teachers.
- A more refined examination of different types of spontaneous orchestrations of CAS by teachers in lower secondary school, with a special focus on school algebra (abstracted arithmetic, equation solving, functions and function modelling).
- Investigate new formats to enhance teachers’ autonomous work with such orchestrations, including tools to assess the impact of specific CAS use on student learning.
- To identify potentials and obstacles for the idea that CAS-use might serve to introduce students to more advanced mathematical topics and working modes (such as modeling, and simple theoretical reasoning).
- Danish citizenship.
- Born 3 August 1981 in Haslev, Denmark.
- Married, two children (born August 2009 and August 2013).
- Master in mathematics for The Univeristy of Copenhagen
- Lecturer at The Norwegian Univeristy of Sience and Technology
- 2007: Teaching assistance at The Faculty of Science and Information Technology at The University of Newcastle, Australia.
- “Modern university teaching in mathematics and science subjects”, “An analysis of Faroese types algebra exercises”
- 212.760,00 DKK in 2014 by the Faroese Research Counsil.
- Projects in the didactics of mathematics
- Seminars and consulting of teaching math and science subjects from university to primary school.
- Computer Algebra Systems,
- Lower secondary school
- Mathematics teachers,
- Mathematics teacher education,
- Lesson Study
- Task Design,
- The Anthropological Theory of Didactics,
- Instrumental Orchestration.
Description of teaching
- Numbers, Arithemtic and Algebra.
- Foundation of Geometry.
- Introduction to Analysis .
- Calculus 3.
Analysing student teachers’ lesson plans : Mathematical and didactical organisations. / Carlsen, Louise Meier. Proceedings of the Ninth Congress of the European Society for Research in Mathematics Education. red. / Konrad Krainer; Nadia Vondrová. 2015. s. 2949 - 2950.
Combining CAS based teaching with lesson study : A Theoretical paper. / Carlsen, Louise Meier. Mathematics and Science: The relationships and disconnections between research and education: Papers from a doctoral course at the University of Copenhagen. red. / Marianne Achiam; Carl Winsløw. Department of Science Education, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 2015. s. 51- 60 (IND's Skriftserie, Vol. 39).